Pedal stop plate on new pans?

The floor pan installation is going smoothly except for the damn stop plate mounting on the new pans. It seems the location for the plate in the new pans (from Wolfsburg West) is farther forward than the old one. Because of this, I can't get it to stop the pedals from flipping forward, no matter how it's adjusted. It's not even close. Has anyone else had this problem with new pans? It's really frustrating to run into a new problem every five minutes while working on this thing.

-Chip

-'56 ghia, '66 bug

Reply to
Owokie

On 26 Jun 2004 22:23:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Owokie) ran around screaming and yelling:

"normal" is the word that comes to mind...i've never replaced a floorpan and NOT had to either make a new or modify the old pedal stop... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
ilambert

Reply to
Braukuche

On 27 Jun 2004 03:47:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Braukuche) ran around screaming and yelling:

i make my own stop out of angle iron...i have in the past welded an "extension" on the stock piece and lengthened the elongated hole.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

It looks like I'll be doing the same thing. Ill be making a new stop plate that's roughly twice the length of the old one, hope it does the trick. As another side note about these "Wolfsburg West exclusive" pans, the driver side was about a 1/2" short. Enough that I had to fabricate a piece so it would reach the front mounting area. I made sure it's not the alignment, and measure it compared to the passenger pan. Almost a full 1/2" short. Wow, if WW pans look like this I dont want to even look at a pair of "cheap" ones.

-Chip

-'56 ghia, '66 bug

Reply to
Owokie