Brake stop plate on pans

I'm about to remove the drivers side front floor pan section, and noticed that the new pan section doesn't come with a mount for the brake stop plate. Due to the amount of previous repair/patches on my existing floor, I can't tell how the plate mounts. It's just screwed into a mound of rust/paint/fiberglass. Does anyone have pictures of what this should look like on a new pan? Would I need to weld a reinforcing plate above, or below the new pan (crappy brazilian metal, I'd never go that route again)

Thanks in advance, Mike Kayer

Reply to
MK

User Example