pricing a 1968 Beetle for sale

I can't find anything like the Kelley Blue book to know what a good price should be to see a 1968 bug in good condition with relatively low mileage. Can anyone suggest where to look for pricing guidelines or the best way to sell it.

Thanks.

Reply to
rvixen23

You cant put a book price on a 40 year old classic car !

it has 40 years of history that will affect its value.

best way is to find your local club and get it valued.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Or do a search on

for your area and see whatothers are asking. I think that rather than mileage, the lack of rustmight be the biggest selling point.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

if you are in, or near, Virginia, it's worth a hundred bucks...if you'll take 75 i'll pick it up and park it next to my semi-custom 68!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Tell you what, I've got a 68 and I wouldn't take a penny less than $3500 and $4500 is more like it. My motor is new but the trunk lid is a aftermarket, the transaxel makes a little noise but it will last another few years. Don't give it away. I also have a 58 a transporter with double doors on each side and no side windows, It must be worth $15-$20000. My favorite is a 81 pickup with a 16V DOHC 5 speed, its worth alot more than what I could get for it $18-$2500. I only have about 5 or 6 grand in it. I also have a Viper green 75 SB worth $4500 to $6500.

Reply to
theinjin

Tell you what, I've got a 68 and I wouldn't take a penny less than $3500 and $4500 is more like it. My motor is new but the trunk lid is a aftermarket, the transaxel makes a little noise but it will last another few years. Don't give it away. I also have a 58 a transporter with double doors on each side and no side windows, It must be worth $15-$20000. My favorite is a 81 pickup with a 16V DOHC 5 speed, its worth alot more than what I could get for it $18-$2500. I only have about 5 or 6 grand in it. I also have a Viper green 75 SB worth $4500 to $6500.

fatchicks don't bring in the money yet...guess you'll have to hold onto them...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani