R.I.P. Ramva

a moment of silence please... oh wait, that's the norm...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I was wondering why there hadn't been any new posts in four days. But since I read your new post today, RAMVA is still alive, isn't it?

I use Thunderbird, provided by the Firefox browser, to read my email and Newsgroups. With Thunderbird I can read RAMVA posts from five years ago.

Reply to
Randall

Thunderbird is a Mozilla product(as is Firefox). Your ability to read older posts is entirely due to the support/retention policy of your ISP. Some ISP's has dropped Usenet all together..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Yes, Comcast dropped USENET a number of months ago. I have to pay GigaNews $6 per month to get the service back again.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

e:

I get it thru Google news and its free.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I use thunderbird too.

Google Groups lets you go waaay back too.

More important than your reader program is your news server. Some don't keep messages forever. :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

news.individual.de about $10 a YEAR. No hiccups.

Jan Andersson

or you could use news.motzarella.org for free after registering for a pw.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I just move useful posts that I want to keep into a folder to save them.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

This is also what I use since Time Warner dropped Usenet.

Reply to
Scott H

I'm still here also.. Will always be here. I choose not to post, without good question or answer.. I check this place often, though. Usually find my answers, with no need to post.

Reply to
Andrew

I am still here. Read it on Google Groups since dumping AOL a couple of years ago. Don't have a VW at the moment, but hope to get another one sometime soon.

Bill Berckman

Reply to
Bill B.

R.I.P.

Reply to
Shag

I'm still around also. Lurking. Been busy on other things.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

policy of your ISP. Some ISP's has dropped Usenet all together..

I come here from time to time when I need to seach for important information and also when I don't remenber the jets I have on my carb LOL (I posted that)

Jo=E3o

72 super
Reply to
joao_eliseu