Ragtop or sunroof

I have a 70 Beetle hardtop I'd like to open up. Anybody with experience they'd like to share. Any good part sources recommended? Thanks... Jeff

Reply to
JeffRens

...all aftermarket sunroof kits I have seen leak. This is simply because they do not have the stock drainage holes and tubes to allow an exit point for the watter that seeps under the canvas or vinyl. Your best bet is to section in an original roof section....or simply buy an earlier body with the sunroof or ragtop you are seeking and set it on your pan.

HTH

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian