Re: Anyone know jack about jacks?

I have a 3.5 ton Larin jack that won't lift any weight.

> Anybody have any suggestions before I throw it out? It's

I have to bleed the air out of mine every couple of years and sometimes top up the hyd. fluid. There should be a screw on top to add fluid. Top it up, pump it slowy a couple of times, release, put the screw back on. I don't know why this works but it does - at least on my generic no-name jack.

Reply to
K5

I got mine in '82 for $19.99. You can get the exact same one new today for ... $19.99. I use it a lot. So if your experience is anything like mine, you'll still be using that thing for at least another decade.

Reply to
K5

Citronetas (what we call 2CVs down here) are very good for bad roads with all that suspension travel... way cool :)

You know what a Yagan is?

Eduardo Kaftanski

Reply to
Ben Boyle