Re: Bob Hoover??

I spoke to Bob last week, expect to visit him next week when I get

> back to San Diego, I will mention the group. > Darrell

Awesome. Thank you for the update.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Darrell, thank you!... depending on how Bob is feeling he may not give a shit about this group, but let him know that folks here do give a shit about him and wish him the best...

thanks again.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

All, spoke with Bob tonight and he is doing ok, going through some more treatments etc. We plan to get together in the next two weeks, I let him know you guys were asking. Darrell

Reply to
Darrell

Wish him a merry Christmas or a happy Hanukkah. Whatever he's having. ;-)

Max Welton

Reply to
Max

Darrell, thanks for the update... Bob made a post on thesamba one day last week, so sometimes we can secretly keep up with folks to a point... To add to Max's well wishes, please remind Bob of his yearly *tradition* here on RAMVA.... it's next week....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks for that, Darrell.

Point him to this:

He will appreciate it.

Reply to
John Stafford

And this one for Bob:

John Stafford

Yo, Darrell,

Thanks for the call. I finally figured out the mix-up in the times.

The chemotherpy lab is in Encenitas. But the Oncology lab is in Vista, eleven mile difference. Add peak traffic times, you're looking at about +1 hour each way. San Marcos (welding shop) is 10mi E. of the oncology lab with only a 4-lane freeway between them: ergo, add another hour or so for a round trip between Get-Go & Done-Gone. Now comes the mess. Xray lab is also in San Marcos but out near the airport, ie, you can't get there from here unless you play the lights; about half an hour per ten miles.

So everyone wants me at the same time (ie, between 1000 & 1430) Unless I set a new Land-Speed record there ain't no way to do two a day. I'm not allowed to drive and my wife thinks 35mph is like turning low twelves in the quarter.

Transfusion -- replacing old blood with new -- runs 2hr 20 minutes per pint and I usually top-off at two pints; plus the In & Out time.

Radiation runs right at 40 minutes.

Blood lab (once per week) is fast -- mebbee twenty minutes (GOOD crew; like a NASCAR pit-stop). But you still gotta get there, find a parking place, do the paper-work, get back on the road again. Oncology Lab, one pint Zumeta fill-up (it's a bone hardener; seems to work) is once per month. Usually in/out, fill-up, etc.

Okay, so there we are on the telephone and I'm telling you I got 'a couple' of appointments that are going to take me a couple of hours... but I can't explain why. So there's the Why. Sounds like I'm blowing smoke in a major way when I'm working my a-- off just to break even. The best part of the joke is that compared to MOST people with cancer, I'm doing pretty good just making a couple of appointments per WEEK. Lots of them, living alone with pets & shopping and all sorts of other responsibilities are lucky to do even that well.

But two things oughta come outta this like Rudolph's Nose: Your offer of some help with the welding bottles is like Money From Home. You can lift things and I can't, is part of it, plus having someone to do the driving lets me get my notes up to date and take care of all kinds of paper-work chores that otherwise simply couldn't get done at all. Indeed, I've got a hunch a lot of people don't get well because they simply DON'T HAVE THE TIME (!)

It's really kinda silly because trying to Get Well turns out to pretty tiresome, plus my whole damn week gets taken up with a few appointments which, on paper, appear to take only a few minutes. But add just ONE bad traffic day and you'll have to re-schedule to get everything back into sync.

Crying in my beer? I'm sure there's a bit of it -- kinda hard to keep it out no matter how hard you try.

So let's keep trying to connect until we do. The welding bottles are a gift (I'm teaching our daughter how to weld) so think of it as a Christmas Present to a really good kid.

Thanks again,

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Bob Hoover

Thank you for posting Bob. It really means a lot, and it is good to see you 'in the group' again.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Mr. Hoover. :)

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Bob, roger, we will get those bottles taken care of, keep in mind that we can pick them up in the evening and square them away the next day while you are skylarking at the doctors office if need be :), give me a call and we will swing up, I do have a full Argon and a full 75/25 steel mix mig bottle if you need them. V/R Darrell

Reply to
Darrell

Bob, roger, we will get those bottles taken care of, keep in mind that we can pick them up in the evening and square them away the next day while you are skylarking at the doctors office if need be :), give me a call and we will swing up, I do have a full Argon and a full 75/25 steel mix mig bottle if you need them. V/R Darrell

Reply to
Darrell

Dear Darrell

I'm okay for MIG. I want to break her in on O/A, move onto shapes (tubing, etc) with the O/A once she can handle a bead and understands the flame / heat relationship. She's a smart kid, has always shown a keen interest in the manual arts... and knows how to keep her M-16 clean (ex-Army type, etc). So things are good.

-Bob

Bob Hoover

To All:

I posted the Christmas Tales to one of the AirVW groups this year. If you've got a copy you have my permission to re-post here on RAMVA. I'm not doing much on RAMVA but it doesn't seem to be attracting much interest beyond the Blow & Go types. If they aren't reading the back- ups themselves it doesn't make much sense for me to read them to them.

I d As for what I HAVE been posting, most of it has been electrical, not a lot of new but a lot of new explanations of old files, explaining it until they get it right, especially with regard to Auxiliary batteries. Also, a lot of my stuff is being hand-written (ie, no word processor) And I'm just not that good of a speller. I bought a new word processor (from MS) and it turned out to have a fatal error. World's biggest company and they don't even bother to do an error- check. (Apparently the files came up from Puerto Rico with flawed master files. Doesn't make much sense to spend money for software that is flawed to begin with.)

-Bob Hoover (Takes a lot of time to spell-check using a Dictionary)

Reply to
Bob Hoover