Re: Fail

So after 5 short years, I decide it is time to fire up the old 64 VW

>bug (I couldn't ride, cuz I had looked at a bottle of tequila). > >New battery, baking soda to clean the connections, got the old AM >radio on in the car, hit the starter, everything goes dead. > >Call my VW guru friend Tony, he says, yep the issue is the ground / >other connection near or at the battery, classic symptom. > >So I mess around some more, and finally decide to stop looking at the >bottle of tequila... > >Stupid old car, you will not win, you will start.

We had a '58, a '66, and a '74. Aside from the first year fuel injection on the '74, remarkably similar mechanically. My Dad always said, "Why mess up a good thing?" ;-)

Reply to
mayner

You might try a jumper cable between the engine and battery "-" as an initial experiment.

Reply to
Rob Kleinschmidt