Re: fuel tank removal clamps

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:04:24 GMT, "Leonard & Peggy Brown"

> left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as > he began spewing from the mouth thusly: > > >Hi, > > I am pulling the fuel tank out of my Thang tomorrow to have it steam > >cleaned. > > You're going to have your fuel tank steam cleaned? Why? Or you're > going to have your Thing steam cleaned and if so then why pull the > tank first? I'm not sure, but I think there's a good reason that I've > never heard this question asked before. No offense intended, it's > just a natural talent of mine.

No offense taken. The thing doesn't run, I am putting in a new carborator and there has been gas evaporating out of the tank for the last 5 years leaving a scum (I guess) inside. The repair book I am using says to clean it up before using again. Why run gunk through a otherwise new system?

LB

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

MUADIB, It helps, I will give it a pry.

Tanks, Leonard

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:34:25 GMT, "Leonard & Peggy Brown" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Ah, I gotcha. Sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder if it would be a good idea to spray a couple of cans of carb cleaner in the tank and swish it around some, too. Might help to get some of that scum stuff out? Good luck with it.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.The statements above reflect my own opinions and experiences and nothing more.I don't pretend to be a professional mechanic, politician, philosopher,attorney, or chiropractor.Take any advice in this post at your own risk, and with a grain of salt."Milk is for babies. Beer is for men." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Reply to
travis