Re: Is this restorable? See the pictures.

I don't know what panels are available in your area (being as the car is left hand drive i'm guessing you are in the US and i'm in the U.K.) but the car is saveable. Looks like you'll need a heater channel and a wing bolt hole repair panel on the front. Can you weld ? because if you go to a garage its going to cost some money ! I bought myself a welder a grinder (best £350 i spent in ages ) got some books on MIG welding ,all repair panels i needed and the rest is history (this was a good 10 years ago)

I have a '64 sunroof bug and i did both heater channels , both floor pan halves , front and rear bumper mounts wings.

Hope this helps - its not all doom and gloom

John

Didn't look so bad until I started looking under the hood and fenders. Have > more pictures if you need a better look. Just wondering if its worth trying > to save or should it be a parts car. > > >
Reply to
John Skeldon

I've seen worse. Anthing is restorable, the question is how much are you willing to spend?

Obviously it will require welding of new body metal or from a donar car. If don't have a welder it would be a good thing to invest in. It may take some time but in the end it will be worth it. If I were in your shoes and was offered this car to restore... I would go for it.

Narley Dude®

'72 Super Beetle 'Vert

Reply to
Narley Dude®

Ooooh, it's terrible! I'll do you a favor, put the car in a ups pakage and send it to me, and because it's you I'll give you $100! what do you say? ;)

Now seriously, if you can weld, the car is definetively restorable, if not you will have to pay someone ($$$), and that will decide if the car is worth it or not. Welding can be very expensive if someone else is doing it. You can also sell it as a restoration project, I don't think it will be a problem to get rid of him. If I was anywhere near you I would discuss an offer :)

good luck Ant

Dwayne Neel wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant