re-placing the windshield...

Hi all,

the windshield of my brother's 1302 has been hit by a stone while driving home, so it needs to be replaced. I've done mine and it was easy using a rope and some soap... Is it the same on his or do i have to do something different??

Any pointers are appreciated, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Same.

If the seal has the aluminum trim in it, the trim goes on BEFORE you start installing the glass onto the car.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You might want to skip the soap next time... it seems like a good idea at first, but sometimes it is more grief than it is worth as your initial success on one side can pop back out while you try and finish on another side.

The key is some perfectly smooth nylon cord about 1/8" thick, patience, and fresh window rubber. Done slowly and carefully, you can install all the windows around the car without soap and they'll suck in place much tighter.

Reply to
Red Bug

Hey guy's,

Today the new windshield went in. All went well, the tricky part was to keep everything in place, before putting it in place, as the bottom is curved. But with a little tape and thin rope tying it from top to bottom all stayed in place. I forgot to lube it but the 'damage' is minimal... (used a non nylon rope on very bad/old rubber) Now he can drive again, with a used windshield, at a cost of only ?15,-!! I call that a bargain.....

Thanx for your pointers

Roger

"Jan Anderss>>

Reply to