Rear Window Installation

Hi,

I'm looing for some help installing the rear window in my '69 1200 bug. I have already installed the windshield and rear quater windows no problem but the rear windw is causing some headaches! The window seal was a tight fit on the glass so I used vaseline (petroleum jelly) to get the window into the groove in the rubber. I also lubricated the flange on the bodywork for fitting the window. However when pulling the chord to bring the lip over the flange, rather then suck the window into position, it actually pulls the rubber off the window. I guess I've used too much lubricant on the rubber so its not getting a good grip on the window.

I was thinking maybe there is a way of lubricating the window rubber for installation on to the glass that will, once in place, dry off to keep a good grip on the glass?? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Angus

Reply to
roberts.angus