Bus Rear Vent Window

I've a 76 westfalia camper with a rear wing (vent) window that constantly leaks. It needs to be removed and cleaned up. HOW Do I Remove & Replace this Window ?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Pffester

Best to cut the rubber seal to remove. The rubber is probably shot after a qtr-century:-) Be prepared to do some metal resto underneath the rubber (POR?).

The new seals are pricey. P/N 221 847 673A fits either side. Install similar to the way you do a windscreen, only more difficult...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I have done this :-) Have someone outside the window, start with the big one, it will help if you can just cut the old seal on the big window ( WW replacements are best ).The vent wing slides back about a 1'2 inch then it is pulled out, watch out for the tabs that have notched in the center of the windows opening. The vent wing is pushed to the front after getting the tabs past the metal lip (you will see) when installing. Make sure you get it pushed enough forward for the big glass to fit, I had a problem here and I only replaced the big glass seal not the vent wing ( had to remove to do my headliner) (that is another story :-) ) With the new seals I did not use any sealant and have not had a leak in two years, if the was any damage to the sealing areas I would use a good Butyl sealant on the rubber/ paint side and black silicone on the glass/ rubber side. Good luck, hope this helps. kp

Reply to
kp

No problem, fits right in. Just the writing on the glass will be wrong.

Reply to
Karl