rebuilding C.V. joints, put balls back in same place?

I have an 80 Vanagon and hope to go on a long trip. Having bought new CV joint boots I thought it time to replace them.

?

When rebuilding constant velocity joints should one mark and identify parts so they all go back where they came from. This would add extra labor so is it worth it or even necessary?

Thank you for any help.

Reply to
andy everett

No need

if they are worn - bin them

if not just put them back together.

Just be aware that they will go back together 2 ways. One will work, the other will not. it will lock solid so you will be able to tell !

You'll see when you have a play with them :)

Reply to
Tricky

Just don't mix parts between different CV joints.

-

Jim Adney