Recycling, re-using DP heads

I have my old DP heads I replaced a couple of years ago. Is there any way to test or inspect them to see if they are good or rebuildable? I had replaced them thinking I had a bad valve. Not really sure...

While I was removing my 2 yr. old head, I cracked it (that's another story). Is it feasible to remove the valves from the 2 yr. old head and put them on the original head? If so, is machining required?

Reply to
Mel P.

About any head can be rebuilt by someone who know what they are doing.

Soke them in bucket of carb cleaner, you can get from local farm store by the gallon, and inspect for cracks especially between valves and around plugs. If OK they probably are good cores. If you see cracks they are junk.

Never reuse exhaust valves. Intakes can be reground and or lapped. If they have been sitting for a year @ minimum they will need valve job.

Send them to Rimco in CA for a complete rebuild if you want to use them yourself!!! or put them up for sale on net.

What they will do for $95 per head if no welding is required: Bead blast Resurface--removes warpage New valve guides

3 angle valve job new springs new exhaust valves

They do very good work, they will be as good as new. If they are German cores they will be better than Brazillian or Mexican new heads.

Reply to
Henderson