Cracked cyl. heads

Type in the keywords: CRACKED CYLINDER HEAD in search box ; then click on SEARCH.AUTOS.MAKERS.SATURN- then see how many horror stories come up!

Then consider if you ever want to buy a Saturn (or another Saturn)with its worthless short term warranty.

Reply to
misterfact

Cracked cyl. heads? more like Crack Head.

This guy has no job, he has no life, he lives in his own little world. Before wasting ones time looking up "CRACKED CYLINDER HEAD" post that he himself floods this group with just type in " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com". You will come up with tirade after insane tirade. This guy is a nut case to the tenth degree. Reading his insane post will make you dizzy enough that you might vomit. The degree at which he post at is amazing and screems SEVERE MENTAL DISORDER!

If you work for a Mental Institution and would like to help Michael Korman out please, for the sake of the internet, pay a visite to

I'm sure you will find this nut case quite interesting. A person could write a book, no make that volumes of books on this nutcase.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com: 1,030 worthless Usenet post since "Aug 8th 2003" and counting. 356 days a year, 2.9 worthless post on average a day.

He must be going for a record. Spam has more value than his post.

Google search in "Saturn" group for "cracked cylinder head" MINUS " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" and MINUS "replies".

Post found:

18

Actual cases of possible legit "cracked cylinder head" complaints found:

8

My search string:

&hl=en&lr=lang_en&group=rec.autos.makers.saturn&safe=off&sa=G&scoring=d

I posted my findings... I'll hear anyone out other than that bigot Korman as to their "own" search findings. I however have never "seen" a case of a cracked Saturn head even though I've been around enough of them.

As of now I've re-added Korman to my usenet filter (lost from reinstall). I sugest anyone here that is new to the group to do the same. Dont live life in the bowels of hate and rage. Live a happy healthy life and dont let the little things in life naw at you or you might become a raging lunatic usenet troll like Mr.Korman.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

Reply to
Blah blah

Big freaking deal. When I had a Chrysler product there were a goodly share of cracked cylinder head issues too. Perhaps you would like to go back to cast iron blocks and cast steel heads (along with the weight penalty and fuel economy drop). Modern times bring modern problems.

Reply to
Oppie

Isn't he the one who was advocating illegal splicing of electric cords onto smoke detectors, among other things that, well, hey, are suspect?

Cracked heads? Guess he's never owned an old panhead Harley. It's not that you might get a cracked head, it's you HAVE a cracked head, or both. They all cracked. Every one of them. No, not just everyone that was ridden hard, every single one.

Anyway, I don't get this cracked head stuff. I've had an SC2 for like

11 years now, and it's still fine after 233,000 miles. *shrug*. Io feel cheated now - I didn't get the cracked cylinder head he says I'm entitled to :(
Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

hard-wired smoke detector has been running fine for 5 years. Mine still works fine. Still waiting for you to cite the law that says it's "illegal"

Sounds like all the engineers at Harley- went over to Saturn!

Heh- you're the guy that got that one cylinder head that didn't have a casting flaw in it!

Reply to
misterfact

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

SOME '95-'96 SOHC engines had a casting flaw. Saturn extended the warrenty on those heads to 6yr/100k miles. My '95 never had a problem in the 109k miles I had that engine in my car, and it hasn't had a problem in the 3k my friend has driven that head since I replaced hers that did have the flaw at

129k miles. My wife's '96 hasn't shown any problems at 88k.
Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

more like 100,000 of 'em. All I can tell you you is some guy at Saturn customer service told me this on the phone- but I didn't get his name. Anyone who wants to argue this point- I'm open to your number.

Reply to
misterfact

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

which is not ALL of the '95 - '96 SOHC engines, and sure as hell not the "all Saturn engines" that you first posted.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller