Saratoga the 18th

Anybody from central Jersey going to be coming up to the woodstock, NY show? I am looking for somebody to pick up and bring with them a set a aluminum wheels, and I will give them 50.00 when they deliver. Anybody help a fellow VW'er out???

LMK Shawn in NY

Reply to
Shawn

Is that 50 US$, or is it the equivalent in wacky tobaccy? The reference to Woodstock took me back to August 1969; not that I've ever been to NY, but I was 18 and had finished my freshman year in college. I had to attend summer school to accumulate enough units to avoid the draft. My academic record wasn't anything to brag about, but I avoided the draft through 1972 when the draft ended. Remember the draft lottery numbers?

I was the only one in my family of five, including my mother (who made maps for the War Dept. in WWII), who avoided military service. I guess that qualifies me for political office.

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post