seat frame

I stripped down my seats to the metal frames. I was going to get them powder coated. However, I noticed that a couple of wires were broken. Now I guess I could go an find junk yard replacements. But I would first like to explore fixing what I have. Only problem is I can find any wire replacements. Any Ideas?

Reply to
Anthony Lopez

Hey Anthony,

Probably that's the only option, never seen wires being sold separately as direct replacement. You could probably get something generic and then use it to repair, but by the time you are done you could have already located another pair of donor seats and be done with powder coating.

There was good article in hot vws recently on this matter, check it out, they describe some weak points, and how to reinforce them. Totaly worth reading especialy if you are going to powder coat.

Ant> I stripped down my seats to the metal frames. I was going to get them powder

Reply to
anton

Reply to
Jeff Barnes