What size Air Compressor?

I want to purchase a Air Compressor for working on my car. Mostly for taking off Lug Nuts.

Also will a 4 Cylinder 2001 Nissian Frontier pull a 2 Axel trailer with a bug (No Engine)?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Also what is the best tool for cutting out a good floor pan and extra Luggage Compartment out of a junk bug?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

For cutting floorpans get a sawsall and a chisel & hammer. I used a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor I bought a walmart for $280. Its a

26 gallon 5hp oilless type. Its a good starter air compressor but after 4 years of using it, I have found the need to upgrade to something bigger. Home Depot sells a Husky (also a Campbell Hausfeld brand)
Funkie

Buy an electric impact gun to remove lug nuts --- $50-150 vice $350+ and more portable.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Would have to get one of those power things that plugs into the adapter. Some of the places I have gotten bugs no electrical outlet. But thanks for the tip.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

If there's no electrical outlet ... you certainly couldn't use a compressor either ... :-)

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

No Gas compressor?

What I was thinking of was a Invertor. A parts store should have the el;ecrtic impact gun right?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Either way you go you have to have electric power, which means you would need to have a power generator, for your compressor or electric impact gun. So generator + compressor would make it gas compressor I guess. :)

this is the one I have, works fine, used it on flywheel, lugnuts and generator fan nut.

Btw, I hope you only use impact wrench for removing lugnuts not installing....

Anton

Noice87 wrote:

Reply to
anton

Why do I need a generator when I can use a Invertor. My dad has used one for his sepap (for Sleep Aptnea).

I can install lugnust but getting them off when they are really tight and rusted and are hard.to take off.

Reply to
Noice87

wait, r u talking about power inverter that runs of car battery? That thing won't power jack, you can't even run a drill of it.

Anton

Noice87 wrote:

Reply to
anton

Why can't you run a drill off it? My dad has run his sleep machine all night with it. And all I need is to use it for less than 10 minutes.

Reply to
Noice87

Steven, Using the previous posts and what you're looking for, versus what folks are offereing fro advice,........I'll recommend a cordless impact (rechargeable battery version) they are not all cheap but if you have a Northern Tools near ya, or a harbour freight type store, you should be able to find one and they are good many miles from power, and weigh very little.

Snap-on, Makita, Milwaukee,.........that kinda brand is recommended also. Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB