semi OT: HVLP gun adjustments

I have an el-cheapo HVLP gun which I bought to spray epoxy primer on my 71 bug. The instructions only cover adjusting the fan and fluid controls, not the air adjustment on the bottom of the handle. (On my gun this is an allen key adjustment, not an adjustment knob). What is the correct way to make this adjustment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Reply to
MK

I thing getting an adjustable inline air gauge that screws to the air inlet would be your best bet I would also recommend a water trap. it makes it a little bulky at the end of the spray gun so I use a swivel set up.

Hope this helps

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks for the reply, Mario. I have an adjustable gauge just before the gun, but how do you know what the screw in the handle is set to? For instance, if I've got 40psi at the gauge, and at the handle it's throttled down to, say

25? I d>> I have an el-cheapo HVLP gun which I bought to spray epoxy primer on my >> 71
Reply to
MK