Solved "hesitation"

Hey guys,

finally solved my problem with the lack of power. At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets. If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at 0.15mm and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i changed the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with the old ones) and now it runs fine!

Thanks Jim, for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it sure beats a modern car to drive

Roger (smiling behind the wheel)

Reply to
bug '59

"bug '59" schreef in bericht news:432ac6ce$0$9758$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Forgot to mention

i used this link with the adjustment info because i was advised NOT to use the dizzy as a reference. First time i did it this way but sure goes a lot faster.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Unfortunately it will not stay that way. The new points will wear as the old ones and it will mess with the timing again. The only way to solve that issue is replace the points for an electronic ignition.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

"Joao Eliseu" schreef in bericht news:432af8f7$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.ugs.com...

As i recall an early stock 1200 is better of with points than with an electrical dizzy. Not sure though. I want to keep it stock anyway, and there is an new engine (stock 30 bhp) waiting to be put in someday, also with a (sva?) dizzy. John has a nice artikel about this issue on

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I like this system very much. I can drive in winter with heat on the feet and fresh air on the face. The only car I know that I can do that. I really don't know any issue with the 1200. I know that to return to stock I only have to remove the electronic ignition and but the points back. (10 a minutes job)

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Forget the first paragraph...it is a different subject

Joao

Joao Eliseu