Start! Dagnabbit! Help!

OK....I was driving down the road without a care in the world. My bug was running great. I pulled up to a traffic signal and my little 1970 convertible idled down to zilch. Now it won't start. Yes, I'm getting fuel. It turns over just fine. I've replace the points, rotor, cap on the 009, condenser, plugs, and cables. The guy at the parts place talked me out of buying a new coil, but that's all that I have left. I'm open to suggestions. HELP!!

Reply to
Al Gilson

Look on my web site for: "Why won't my engine start?"

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

********* Check to see if the rotor is turning... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

I'm no expert, but my bug has had the same problem several times and I've always found the trouble to be a clogged pilot jet in the carb. Some piece of crap shakes loose and lodges in there. Might be, might not.

-Wes

Reply to
Wes

Thanks for the suggestions.

It was the coil.

The first thing I suspected but the last thing I tried. Oh well. The new rotor, points, plub wires, and distributer cap can't hurt.

Al Gilson

1970 Convertible 1964 Cessna 172 (All Air Cooled)
Reply to
Al Gilson