starter slow

I have a problem with my starter, it´s very slow even with a fully charged battery. I swapped the starter from another bus and it´s NOT the starter. Connections on the starter are fine, ground as well, some other ground or power problem somewhere?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Inspect the ground strap on the transmission.

Other possibility is that the bushing in the bellhousing is worn, allowing the starter shaft to move too much.

Of course, the engine could be tight. See if you can turn the engine by hand.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Engine tight may well be, picked this engine up from scrap. Basically i bought a completely rusted out bus for very little, i pulled the engine and installed in another bus. I replaced wires and sparkplugs, other then that nothing, but the engine never ran for 3 years. While cranking i can hear a very loud sucking noise from the carb, sounds like schhhh, schhhhh... Oil is replaced and level. Timing, distr, gap... all fine. Might be tight, oil may has to start flowing again.

Bart Bervoets "Speedy Jim" schreef > >

Reply to
Bart Bervoets