Store off the wheels?

I am putting the vehicles away for several months. All three are on radial tires. Is it best to put them up on blocks with the tires off the ground? Usually I don't, but I haven't stored a car for so long before.

I'll bet I feel almost as sad as Travis did as he watched the Famous Baja drive away.

(Why am I storing them? Part of my regime is to walk and bicycle, sometimes jog for the Winter. It's a health thing. :))

Reply to
jjs

.....................Don't forget to eat your bean sprouts.

...........Also, I've heard that a ginseng enema can clear the mind of the elderly when dementia becomes terminal.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"jjs" wrote

I've always heard that it's best to store them with the tires off the ground but with the suspension fully loaded.

John Henry has a page at his site on how he does it:

You also might want to read the rest of his `mummification' page:

Scott H.

..................Oh yeah...........If they're sitting on a dry surface, I wouldn't worry about letting them stay on the ground.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Now how would you know that kind of thing, or even care to know?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
lcacdad

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.xxx (jjs) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ip-0-230.sprint-rev.hbci.com:

If I drove an antique like John Henry's, I'd take extreme precautions, too. But to tell the truth, I take my car off the road Nov.-March and have never put it on blocks. Pull the battery, make sure the emergency brake is off. Fortunately no rodent problems in my garage. Come spring I push it out, adjust the valves, start it up, drive around the block, change the oil, and then plan on what projects to undertake over the summer.

Health, bah!

Reply to
cloud8

I heard someone say once that it's not totally stupid to park the car on plastic for a vapor barrier... sounds like overkill.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead