Synthetic Brake Fluid, Is it ok to use?

I have always used non synthetic DOT 3 brake fluid in my '73 Beetle.

The only name brand brake fluid I saw at the store was synthetic. Is it ok to use? Thanks!

Reply to
Jim347a

Try this link:

If the above link doesn't work, try:

the box next to the button that says: 'Search this group'enter: "Which brake fluid..." (include the quotes) and you will get a thread of 14 messages from Sept 2005 on the subject of silicone brake fluid. Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

Well I went to Auto Zone today and saw this.

Valvoline Syn Power Full Synthetic

SynPower High Performance Synthetic Brake Fluid is recommended for ABS, hydraulic drum and disc braking systems and hydraulic clutches requiring DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids. Its premium, synthetic, low-moisture formulation provides superior anti-vapor lock protection. It has a high dry-boiling point up to 500=B0F that reduces the risk of fluid vaporization and possible brake failure.

*Exceeds DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications *For most ABS, disc or drum brake systems *High boiling point reduces risk of brake failure *Compatible with conventional brake fluids !!!

Living and working in Southeast Florida, the brakes on our van are in constant use. Just recently I had to replace the lines, calipers, master, and rear brake cyl. Being a user of Valvoline for some 40 years, I refilled the brake lines with the SynPower brake fluid. We have noticed a major improvement with stop and go driving, and also noticed no more middle pedal sponge.

Reply to
Jim347a

Apparently I misunderstood your message. I always thought brake fluid was either glycol based (the kind that absorbs water) or silicone based (which has been on the market for about 30 years). I've never heard of synthetic brake fluid. Do you know what the ingredients are?

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

Unnatural superslick ingredients never before known to mankind! Our science lacks the language to describe it adequately. Just buy it and use it. Also cures cancer.

/had to be done.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I've never heard of synthetic brake fluid. Do

I got that info from

Jim347a