Tampa 11-08-2003

Finally got my other news server working and just in case my first post didn't show up, and believe me, most of the time they don't with my ISPs server, I will post this again. Sorry if you get both.

Great time yesterday in Tampa. Finally dragged my butt away from the computer to attend a show. Crossed my fingers and headed out of Deltona towards Tampa. [holding my breath all the way, my beloved bus has only gone

50 some miles straight]

Got there in great time, and burned NO OIL at all .. Good ... and made the trip home just the same. Found 2 of the 1,000 parts I need for the bus. Rear blinker lights and a horn button .. The horn button is MINT !!! Looks like it came off a BRAND NEW BUS .. Only problem is, the horn button is beige and the steering wheel is white .. That's ok, because I need to refinish the steering wheel anyway ...

Took some pictures. Didn't know how long my camera's battery would last and I didn't want to take a chance on missing the cruise line up .. So I got about a dozen pictures and then filmed a short video.

Both are here on one of my sites.

The video is tampa.MOV and at first windows media player didn't want to play it. It said "format not recognized - do you want WMP to TRY and play it ???" "HELL YES" I told my computer .. and it did. The video is 5 megs and the cruise was 36 buses long ...

Diane

--

-- ·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Diane Vingsness ((¸¸.·´ ...·´ -:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.· ______________________

Reply to
Diane Vee

It wouldn't play for me... wanted to see if I could see myself in the line of buses... I was the passenger in the red & white 67 with all the writing on it...

Reply to
VWGirl

Played ok here...

Didn't see any people insie the buses.

Sweeeeeet rides though! Wish mine would look half as nice some day. Someday SOON, dammit

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

were you lookin for me Jan :-P

Reply to
VWGirl

I saw the bus with the writing, I kept going back for another look. I liked it. Different. Mine is "different" as well. Big Ugly Tie-Dyed Grape !!

At first I couldn't play the mov file. I installed the K-Lite Codec pack and now they play. It is a free download on the web - just search.

After installing, Windows Media Player says it doesn't recognize the format, and asks if it should TRY to play it anyway .. I choose HELL YEAH .. and it plays.

Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you ..

Diane

Reply to
Diane Vee

Of course, knowing that you'd prolly be there

Then again, after I combed through the videoclip carefully and didn't see you, I figured you must have been in the back of one of the buses.. possibly in horizontal position.. so you'd be harder to spot ;) Yea.. that's gotta be it.. you were hiding.. hehe

Jan

VWGirl wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson