That knob behind my right foot?

Okay, so what's that black knob behind my right foot? It's on the front of the riser under the driver's seat. About an inch in diameter. Turning it just seems to want to unscrew the knob. Doesn't want to push in or be pulled out. 71 bus.

It's, um, not the ejector button, is it?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Hiya Mike,

That knob controls the heater vent for the second seat. Look at the back bottom of your passageway between the front two seats. See the vent at the bottom oriented toward the rear of the Bus? The knob you are referring to controls that vent. Or, at least, it is supposed to.

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck
Reply to
Bookwus1

So . . . do you s'posta pull, push, turn or . . . what that knob? And if doesn't pull/push/turn, then what? Break out the hammer/vicegrips/lube?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"

Careful now, you'll get Jan all excited.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Reply to
Braukuche

With what - a gear puller? This thing feels like it's welded in place. Known Issue on microbuses?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I remember you said you had a soldering iron.Perfect.Put the hot part on the shaft(carefully) for a few minutes.A drop or 2 of oil or WD40 on the warm shaft.Let it sit overnite.Put down the hammer.Hope it helps.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert