Thievery of an Aircooled Kind

Not mine, but locally we had a high school girl that has a hot pink 74 Beetle. The car broke down on the interstate and coasted off and onto the interstate exit ramp in what is considered a fairly nice area. She went walked up the ramp to get to a phone and called a tow truck. The tow truck was on the way, and when they arrived the car was gone. I guess ACVWs are becoming a hot commodity. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Sorry ... but I have to ask. Was she a blonde by any chance?

(Maybe she just forgot where she left it ....)

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

LOL Nope not Blonde. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

A friend of mind did that once! Drove into town, had a bit too much to drink and so took a taxi home... Came back the next day for his car, and it had gone!

He found it 3 months later... he had parked down an unfamiliar side-road and completely forgot about it :o)

He left it there. By that time the insurance company had paid out!!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose