Time-limited question

I'll be leaving in an hour to take the kids to school, and will be visiting my FLAPS on the way home to pick up some bits. If you are reading this after 7 AM Pacific California time, then I'll be out of there. If you are reading this well before then, than maybe you can help me get the right bits.

I need to replace the wiring harness from my battery's + terminal to the generator and starter. Mine is way decrepit and the Wonderbus is still balking at starting. 71 VW Type 2. It was too dark last night (no worklight) and is too dark this morning for me to see the ends of the wires to get the right size of ring lugs.

If you know what parts I should get -- wire gauges and lug sizes, please post it or e-mail it to me and I will send a holiday wish in you direction as thanks!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Too late I think, but here goes anywho ...

I did the same thing last Spring on my '69 westie. I bought a generic 4' wire that I think was #2 gauge - thick stranded stuff - that had an extra tap off of it so I could splice in a radio without turning the ignition on.

Replace the ground wire why you are at it - only needs to be about a foot long, at least on mine it was. It may still lug a bit because of the wires running all the way to the ignition switch drop a lotta voltage. If so, get yourself a cold start relay - the purists may freak out but you won't be push starting the wonderbus anymore :)

knt

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

Reply to
knt