tow capacity

I was just looking at a new tow behind trailer. Web site TAB-rv.com the weight is 1250 lbs dry. My question is what is the tow capacity of a bug with a 1600 in it? Just curious. George Taylor

Reply to
george taylor

The '73 owners manual (1600) says: 882 Lbs trailer weight and tongue load between 55 and 82 Lbs.

I routinely towed a Beetle behind my Beetle so power is not really an issue.

More important, you need to find a proper tow hitch setup. The hitch clamps around the tranny rear support frame and the bumper only carries tongue load.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Is this for a bug... a bug bar is the way to go...

I tried to pull a REAL trailer behind our hopped up baja... wasn't fun.

Timmy

Reply to
MN AirHead