Transmission air vent

Is it possible to blow air into the transmission air vent at the top, front of the Type I transmission to make sure is clear? Will this
damage anything?
Brian Turner wrote:

Yes, you can do that. In fact, I drill a hole in the sheet metal behind the back seat to get at it. Just a short burst; too much air and you'll blow seals or swing booties.
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks /

.....gotta love those girls..
...Gareth
Better use a pipe cleaner or a piece of wire. Try not to push dirt in it. Behind the air vent are located the input and output shaft bearings and you risk to damage them if grit reaches them.
Bill, '67 Bug.