Type IV engine question

How much, if any visible wear would you fellows consider acceptable on the cam lobes of a solid-lifter 1.8 being built for street use? Goes in a 914, if it matters. I've got the factory manuals, but there is no wear spec for the lobes - just for the bearings. I'm leaning toward having it reground, or getting a new one. If I go the latter route, what's the best source? Web Cam? Somebody else? I don't expect the dealer to be much help. :)

Thanks, Henry

Reply to
Henry Q. Bibb

" The Type 4 Store currently does not offer camshafts or lifters for the Type 4 engine. Please consult Web Cam at 951 369 5144 for a camshaft to fit your needs. For further information pertaining to this please see our forums. "

Well there ya go then ;)

Reply to
David Gravereaux