Tyre wear

Ball joint '73 1200 beetle. Left front tyre has far more wear on the outside.

I went to a tyre shop and the bunch of idiots didn't know what they were doing, and weren't able to undo anything after the 30+ years it has been done up. Wimps.

What am I looking at adjusting / replacing ? Is it just a case of loosening up left tie rod lock nuts & going back to get it aligned.

Right tyre OK & handling seems pretty good, no particular wander or tendency to pull when braking.

Ta

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Just one small point. First, it is remotely possible that the tire in question is flawed, soft, so if you drive on high-crown roads, the left outside of the left tires will be more worn than the rest. (Motorcyclists have noted this for many years). So if every other thing seems to be correct, you might try new tires. If the problem is in the setup, it will show up right away and you can dive in and rebuild the front properly.

Reply to
johnboy