Uh Oh....This Can't Be Good

The workshop that has my Beetle has gone bankrupt....at the moment, I haven't got official confirmation from the shop at this point, it's only word of mouth...that being said, I am guessing that I should get the Beetle outta there...ASAP...problem is, I have no place to store the car.

So...does anybody in Southern Ontario know of a place that I can store the car at? Preferably a place where I can work on the car.....

I don't want to delay, because I have fears of the car being seized when and if creditors take over this shop...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

On Sun, 23 May 2004 22:37:43 GMT, "Pete Cressman" ran around screaming and yelling:

so you sent this thing to a shop because you didn't want to do the work yourself, and now you have too...damn that sucks... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You have title to this car? If so, they can't take it, it's your property. Go to the bankruptcy court (or local equivalent) and find out what papers to file. You are a creditor -- they owe you that car.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I don't know what Canadian law is, but there's a little complication with some American deals. Some repair shops put a mechanics lien on a vehicle that needs lots of work, or stands in one place for a long time. They release it when the vehicle repair and storage is paid-in-full. You might not even know it's got a tangled title until all goes bad. But that's America and the worst case.

Reply to
jjs

Actually, I can do the work, but I don't have the space.

Reply to
Pete Cressman

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:35:33 GMT, "Pete Cressman" ran around screaming and yelling:

been there before...best of luck to you Pete.. JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ever feel like despite your best efforts, projects/goals (i.e. my Beetle) are just never going to see completion?

I mean, heck, I have boxes of new, OEM & NOS parts sitting at my feet from Volkswagen, yet I can't even get the car infront of me to work on. Not only that, but I don't know where to go next with the vehicle...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

On Mon, 24 May 2004 04:32:56 GMT, "Pete Cressman" ran around screaming and yelling:

been there too Pete...just hang in there, you will come up with a plan... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani