Valve Adjustments

Can somebody send me a link to a page that explains what to do, and where to set them? I don't have the muir book in hand, and i wanted to read up on it before looking in the manual when i get it this weekend. Or maybe somebody can write it down in there own terms. I think the important parts to know are the sequences and the gaps. Thanks ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

"Nxqzablesk8er" wrote

hth

Reply to
Scott H.

On 25 Jul 2003 20:28:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Uh oh. There's something unnerving about this post...

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

thanks for the links.

i dunno what you meant by that.

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

If you are not running a stock cam, then the best way to do it is with one hand on a ratchet turning the crank as you find where the cam is dead off the lifter, and adjust accordingly. For every valve. I don't know why nobody ever took advantage of a degreed crank pulley and put this into a straightforward procedure for _any_ cam.

Reply to
J Stafford

On 25 Jul 2003 23:04:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Their/there/they're. You'd have to read all of the threads, even the obnoxious ones to "get it." Trust me. It's not worth explaining.