Restoring your steering wheel...

My steering wheel looks like a dog gnawed on it for awhile. Any tips and tricks in making it look decent? I don't want to have someone else do it, I'm pretty stuck on doing everything myself on this car.

TIA!

Reply to
BugBum

Check out the bugshop.

he has "NEW" article under the tech abouth im redoing his steering wheel. I didn't read it, i imagine that its leaning towards vintage, but you should check it out. ~peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

So does my Batwing wheel. See John Henry's site. This might help:

J Stafford

No buying a new one would be easy and they are way to expensive ... I read the article on Johns site, very helpful.

Thank you John!

Reply to
BugBum

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:17:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford) scribbled this interesting note:

Touching up the steering wheel in the '59 is also on my list of priorities. Just another item on a rather long list of important projects!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:17:43 -0700, "BugBum" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I have one I'll sell you that I replaced on my car. Here's a picture of it:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:19:52 -0700, "BugBum" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

'63. The "puff puff pass" was supposed to give it away that I was just kiddin'. You know? puff puff pass....? Maybe I'm too old for this group. Oh, wait...I forgot about people like Timmy and Stafford and even ol' Hoover hang out here sometimes. Maybe I'm not too old after all. :-) I gave Gary (Gareth) my original steering wheel from that car along with some other parts from it like the air cleaner when he helped me out with my first attempt at fixing my clutch. :-) I was just kidding about the steering wheel. So "their." *cough*

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:30:49 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Why would I want their cough???

Wait...how much do you want for it/them??? Remember, folks on ebay will buy anything!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis