vent wing seal help & door seals?

My oval window has no seals around either vent wing, can anybody provide me with some pointers as to what I need and how it needs to be done. I assume that the rivet has to be popped so the window can be removed. I then need to put the seal in (is there a seal around both the wing and the door area around the wing?) How do I secure the seal material (felt or rubber?). I've heard this can be a rather nasty little job and remember a post last month looking for somebody to correct an aborted attempt - and I don't want to get myself in the same situation.

Also, is there supposed to be any type of seal around the door itself, say above the door where it meets the roof? I believe there is supposed to be a seal between the door and the hinge, but I don't know about other areas of the door (car leaks like a sieve when I wash it around the top of the door and looking for a way to correct this-I first thought that it may be due to poor attempt to block the area around the vent wing, but this was not a correct assumption). Thanks for the help. - DB

Reply to
DB

Braukuche