Voltages from 6V & 12V coils?

Anybody ever measure the output voltages from the standard Beetle 6 and 12V coils? I need to figure it out for a project... worst case I will rig it up with a 1.5V battery (so it won't blow out my meter in case it is high) but it would be a LOT easier if one of y'all knew that trivial fact.

Thanks.

Reply to
KWW

You can't measure it with a meter. The output from the coil is a very short duration pulse. How much voltage? 20,000 to 40,000 Volts. To measure it you need an oscilloscope and a special high voltage probe.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim