VW enthusiasts take care of their own

hey folks....Not sure how many of you read other forums, specifically Volksrodder.com. One of the members there has had a couple rough years with his wife....She has cystic fibrosis and is at a point in her life that she should have already sucombed to the disease.... she is set to have a double lung transplant and a liver transplant. The fine folks at Volksrodder have set up a "raffle" to benefit Nathanial and Patti Prince. not sure if anyone is interested in buying "tickets" but thought i would post the information. I know some here do read the forum, and figure some don't....the raffle prize will be a professional rendition of your car(or your dream vw) by Eric Black. His work has been fetured in magazines in the past and there are some samples posted at Volksrodders....

here is a thread that has been going on for quite some time from "bigguy"(Nathanial Prince) about his wife and updates on her condition....i have seen this thread for a long time and never took the time to read it... when I did, i felt pretty bad about not reading it....

the forum index there are actually several auctions, and such going on for the benefit of these fine folks, and they all say something to let you know they are for Patti Prince. Not trying to solicit donations or anything like that, guys, just letting those that would like to help some others out(and get something for it) know about this

here is the raffle thread, complete with instructions and samples of Eric Black's work. the raffle ends on August 16th.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my post

Chris

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Chris - touch base with me offline at john at stafford dot net

I will help out.

oops. Never mind, Chris. I figured it out.

Very cool forum.

very cool group of guys and gals over there....i don't post much (four posts in a couple years i think) but read reguarly....tight group of folks over there, i'm impressed with how they have pulled together to help out one of their own.... no different than the long timers here a RAMVA would do for one of their own, i suspect...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That site is great. I am hugely tempted to chop the pristine '72 Standard. You probably know I was a Harley chopper builder for forty years. Nothing is sacred! :)

I'll join you over there, Chris.

The young lady in dire need of a transplant has my full attention.

you see the cover of the new Hot vw's? a volksrod built by KCW was cover car....not a bad ride...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Very cool, Chris. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me going. Thank you.

Uggggggggggggggggggggggg

One of the few reasons I hate my state....fenders required.

Grrrrr.

I'd rod the '68 if I could strip off the fenders.

Damnit.

Sneaks '68 T1

Reply to
Sneaks

we have fender requirements here too....doesn't stop the 30's modelford's and chevy's from running open wheeled.... classic cars tend to get away with it more due to them not being everyday drivers...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Wish it was that easy here, need them to get SI. Sucks. If you take them off afterwards, not only do you get fined, the station that gave you a sticker can lose their license. Pretty much if it came on the car, it has to stay there.

Reply to
Sneaks

............My bug passes SI here in NY without any bumpers. The shop that I go to could nail me on it but they know me pretty well and I bring a ton of business to them with the four other cars in the family.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Not sure why but I know the states of Maryland and North Carolina no longer requier SI on cars older then 35 years

At 1st I thought it was a cool thing but after thinking about it you have to wonder why. I would hate to think that some one or their family member would be hurt because their car having a machanical problem that could have been descovered during a safety inspection.

I will be doing an un-offical inspections on all my customer cars from now on.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

In Va, and many other states, if you have an antique vehicle that is registered as an antique you don't need a safety inspection.....antique registered vehicles are classified as limited use and have use restrictions on them... but even those restrictions are loosely enforced...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

lauren always said, if it can roll down the street it's all good in Florida....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

There is a reason why Florida has it's own dedicated tag at Fark.com. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil