wanted: VW 1600 shortblock

I just put an engine together, front bearing seized (ran great for about 30 seconds).....

crank, cam, case. Used or new. I am in California.

links to cheap parts online, or whatever you've got is appreciated.

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

Did you find the reson why it seized? That would be interesting. If nothing else, for yourself at least. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

front bearing seized to crank, bearing spun in the case and stretched the dowel pin.

why it seized, I don't know. oil was flowing to heads, all other bearings....

perhaps I had endplay too tight?

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee