What's for dinner tonight?

Homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon here. I boiled some elbow macaroni in water and a little bacon grease to keep it from sticking together. I fried up about 1 1/2 pounds of bacon and drained it, then crumbled it all up. I diced up an onion and sauteed it in some of the leftover bacon grease and then added the crumbled bacon back to the onions. I poured in about a pint of heavy whipping cream and then melted in 1/2 brick of Velveeta cheese. A little garlic powder and about 1/3 stick of butter... Drained the macaroni and then added it to the cheese/cream/onion/bacon/butter/garlic mixture. Buttered a baking pan and dumped the whole mix into it. Baked it at 350 for 1/2 hour, then added about a 2/3 pound of grated cheddar cheese to the top and broiled it on high about 5 minutes until the cheese started to brown. MMMM... Now *that* is macaroni and cheese. Defibrillator is ready and on standby.

Shag

[... snip heart stopper ...]

Torture me already.

A bit of pertinent news - I had a heart attack last week. Do I win anything? Surgery is Friday. Today they gave me nitro pills. Can I blow anything up with that stuff? (Always looking to the bright side.)

John in Minnesnowta

Reply to
John J

Dang, sorry to hear that. Keep me updated.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Looks and sounds great. But I figured you were going to say fried chicken. All I got for dinner was a tater.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

All the best and a speedy recovery.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I saved the recipe. Might have a go tomorrow, been eating to many Tv dinners lately..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Hate to hear that John, but glad you're still around to let us know. Take care of yourself.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

This site has good easy recipies:

Jim347a

Thanx.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

No more bad women and beer eh!. Hoping there isnt too much gone wrong. John

Reply to
John

John..... don't know what to say... I take it as a *good* sign that you are online to tell us about it... I hope there are no long term effects and if there are they are minor... My prayers are coming your way, big guy...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani