What's with missing grills?

I just bought a 97 GT (please read my "shudder" post too) and the front grill was missing. No biggie, but every time I see a similar Mustang I walk up to it to see what the grill looks like and EVERY TIME their grill has been missing too! What's going on? Is there some roving gang that swipes Mustang grills? Is there some problem with the grills that make them fall out at highway speeds or with heavy (heheheh) acceleration? This is a mystery to me..... thanx

Reply to
trotzo

Google up the Mach1 grill delete. Maybe someone ripped your out?

Reply to
Gill

You cannot possibly be this uninformed, can you? Pay attention.- They did not come with a grille! They come with a big hole and a running Pony in the middle of it.

If you see one WITH a grille, it's an add on.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

It would seem that I am indeed that uninformed, this is my first venture into the world of ponies, and man is it fun =)

Sorry hun but never paid much attention to them before I bought one, I guess I have to make up for lost time.

Reply to
trotzo

Actually.......................... Some 96's did come with a honeycomb grill which sat right behind the horse emblem. No idea as to why this was never carried over into the 97/98's though. The part # is F6ZB-8150-AB A billet grill looks great in the 94-98 Mustangs and is easy to install for those that don't like the empty look.

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

Cause it was ugly and hard to clean? I have the billet, put a Cobra on it instead of the Pony - love it. Hated the big black hole. Actually, I think it was the first mod I did to my car. One of the first anyway.

: The part # is F6ZB-8150-AB : A billet grill looks great in the 94-98 Mustangs and is easy to install : for those that don't like the empty look. : : Tim (Musttanguy) : PonyPerformance.com :

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh lord, a virgin. Ok, I'll be nice then.

Oh, and int's Hon .. not Hun. Attilla was a Hun,

*ducking* (that oughta bite me on the rump)

Kate

:
Reply to
SVTKate

I stand corrected =) Yup, in the Mustang world I am a big stinkin virgin, but in the automotive world I am not. Just did a head gasket on my other car (87 escort wagon, ok.... no jokes) and can handle most repairs myself. That's why that weird rumble strip shudder has me stumped. I did some pokin around here in this forum and the torque converter lockup deal sounds like the prob. I'll try changing the tranny fluid and see what happens..... Glad to be on board!

Reply to
trotzo

I hope that you get 'er fixed, so you can go out and play without worries. When you do get it, post it so we know! Whereabouts in the world are you?

:
Reply to
SVTKate

Greenwich, Ct is where I hang my hat, just had my car a week and I've already found a wealth of info in this forum, thanx to all those knowledgeable pony lovers out there. Thanx!

Reply to
trotzo

With almost certainty, unless you also drain the fluid from the torque converter the problem will persist. Again read the TSB.

Reply to
Richard

Some of us are pretty smart, some of us are just smart asses.

Conneticut eh? Not a place I have ever thought of much, but I hear it's pretty!

:
Reply to
SVTKate

So, which group do you fall into Kate?

Yes it is, and it's nice being only a walk away from the beach =)

Reply to
trotzo

Careful, she likes to unscrew the antenna rod off of her Muatang and swing it at people. Talk about sting!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Pretty what?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I actually thought that the cobra front grille emblem was standard until I bought my 97. First thing I did was go down to the local Mustang shop (themustangshop.ca) and order one.

Reply to
cprice

Uh huh, and you will fit right in with us...

LOL

: : > Conneticut eh? : > Not a place I have ever thought of much, but I hear it's pretty!>

: : Yes it is, and it's nice being only a walk away from the beach =)

Oh, sounds great! Any diving? How harsh are the winters? Someday I want to go wander around on the east coast. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe this fall.

:
Reply to
SVTKate

: >>Some of us are pretty smart, some of us are just smart asses. : >

: >

: > So, which group do you fall into Kate? : >

: : Careful, she likes to unscrew the antenna rod off of her Muatang : and swing it at people. Talk about sting! :

Still wearing those welts are ya??? That'll teach ya.

Reply to
SVTKate

: : Pretty what?

One of these days, I am looking forward to experiencing your wonderful sense of humor in person. BBQ season isn't over yet!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

: > Cause it was ugly and hard to clean? : > I have the billet, put a Cobra on it instead of the Pony - love it. Hated : > the big black hole. : > Actually, I think it was the first mod I did to my car. One of the first : > anyway. : >

: : I actually thought that the cobra front grille emblem was standard : until I bought my 97. First thing I did was go down to the local Mustang : shop (themustangshop.ca) and order one.

I thought it was pretty weird that the Cobra came with a horse in the grille, but what the heck.

Reply to
SVTKate