Wheel adapters/safe?

On my first Bug in the 60's I had some wheel adapters on the back so I could use some 5 spoke American Mags. My question is, after all these years are they safe to use? I have my chopped 66 running and it has late model 4 lug drums and I want something different than the wheels that are available for a VW. I have a few options but the adapters are the easiest and cheapest route.

Any opinions?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike West

Short answer, no...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Illegal in many countries, including mine, due to safety reasons.

Then again, the exact same design is used in numerous modern cars from the factory. They way the drum or disc is bolted to the hub, and the wheel is bolted to the drum or disc.... go figure.

CHEAP, poorly designed, inferior material adapters are a safety hazard.

Jan

Reply to
Jan