Keep your fingers crossed, I maybe coming back :)

After two years of french car motoring I have 'the bug' again. A friend has a lead on a running 1961 with no rust for US$250 we will try to buy :)

Maybe I'll be posting here again shortly...

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Eduardo, you have been part of the RAMVA family for a long time...no vw ownership required....post away...good to see ya here again...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I was going to write something humorous, tongue in cheek, about babies and the novelty wearing off, but I thought I'd better not. :oP)

All the best.

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Yeah,.... I know.... but posting here without having a partially dis/mis/ unassembled bug in the parking garage (I no longer have a driveway, living in an apartment) is much less fun. Although you may be entertrained by a 96 Citroen Xantia that refuses to raise its suspension when Sonia and me are going to a wedding (a large LHM leak from the brake compensator).

We had to go back and get the keys to the other car (a 1990 Citroen BX) that refused to start until i wiggled the MAF sensor wiring. It had never done that before and never has again... she was just angry to be second choice instead of first :)

Reply to
Eduardo K.

:)

It comes to me every autum. As soon as I dont use A/C allday I want a Bug. Every spring I want a large bike. Every summer I want A/C again...

Reply to
Eduardo K.

So do what we do: buy a modern car, a bike and a bug. Problem solved - glad I could help :)

Reply to
Remco

Not enough parking space and not enough time to keep them all running. But its a nice idea, though.... two years ago the problem was money. Now that work is better I have money but no time. Sounds familiar?

Reply to
Eduardo K.

The story of my life, brotherman:

I do now have plenty of space and some time, but a daughter in college so not as much $$ as I'd like. She'll be out in May, so will have a reprieve for two years until it is my son's turn..

Reply to
Remco

How bout a good kick in the arse to join the ROTC, so they can finance their own edufornication??

:0)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

:D That would have worked too!

My daughter worked through school. We paid, she commuted and worked part time - not too much time for fornicating there :) If she had been loafing, that swift kick in the ass would have gotten her back in gear :) Hasn't been necessary - she's actually pretty good that way: She would have had her Bachelor's in 3 years, had it not been for a beancounter at her university.

So I'll have some money again.. What to spend it on.. mmmm... :)

Reply to
Remco

Yeah, the college thing often throws a wrench in the works. :o) My son is doing his first two years at the local community college to get his prerequisites done and save a few $$$. The third and fourth years will be rather...ouch. Fortunately, I have enough "mad money" stashed away along with plenty of parts to do the engine rebuild on my '64 and get most of the resto work done on the '55. AND I have to get my son and his friends rice burner projects out of the garage and driveway. A fairly well equipped garage seems to have attracted projects other than my own. :o)

Mike64Bug

Good thinking! Just be careful with the credits he might earn at a community college: make sure that they are portable when moving to another college. Some can be a pain about that. My daughter did some college courses during her last year in high school and not all were portable.

Btw, nice projects you got there.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

He's tried to make sure that most if not all of his credits can be transferred.

The rice burner projects have gotta go. It's time to work on the beetles. My son's friends are going to have to find someone else's garage. Not likely though. We'll just have to manage. I don't mind all that much. I wish I had all of the tools and garage space when I was their age. They're staying out of trouble (mostly) as well as learning something.

Reply to
Mike64Bug