when did it change?

when did VW first put the seal on the front hood, rather than on the body? Thanks. George

Reply to
George

AFAIK Never. At least in EU The seal is suposed to sit in on the body, however it is a collector of dirt and moist so it will rust easily. If the seal is placed on the hood (or engine lid) the surface is smooth, ie; no rust.

hth Roger

"George" schreef in bericht news:fZydnTc3uJmHHXHYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
bug '59

According to Aircooled.Net, it's a Mexi-beetle thing.

Peace, Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith

In the '90s I believe.

-- Howard Rose

1966 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe 1975 Volkswagen 1303S 1962 Austin Mini Seven
Reply to
Howard Rose

".

For real? I always thought it was aftermarked.. Sorry for the mis info.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Reply to
Ben Boyle

No problem!

A friend's 1994 Mexican car had the original type of seal, whereas later ones I have seen have the one on the bonnet.

-- Howard Rose

1966 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe 1975 Volkswagen 1303S 1962 Austin Mini Seven
Reply to
Howard Rose

Thanks for the info.

Reply to