please help

Hello I'm new here so Please be nice. I now own a mitsu Pancer...:) I know alot of good via ponys but what are the bad....

Robert

Reply to
Robert Brand

Heads.....Tails???????

Reply to
Steve Marshall

Once again, in English this time please. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Hi Robert, The Mustang is like any other car. There are good ones and bad ones and some inbetween. Withanything emchanical,you find that it will wear out, break or never give you a bit of trouble until you least expect it.

I am on my second Stang. The first, a 95 GT Vert., was a lemon law buy back, for the paint. It turned out that the whole dang car was cursed, and it seemed posessed. It was greaat to drive and had plenty of power, but little things were always going wrong with it. It nickle and dimed me to death. Then it started hitting me by the hundreds. My daughter did me a favor when she drove it through a brick wall.

My 98 Cobra Vert, now my daily driver, has not given me any trouble to speak of other than normal wear and tear items. It is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum from the GT.

I'm not saying all GTs are bad.. far from it.. I am saying MY GT was bad. Probabaly a Monday car.

You cannot expect any car to be perfect. They are machines, and machines break.

In the pros and cons department I only have two:

Pro: They are a fun car to drive and modify, and attract attention wherever they go. Con: You'll have to get used to people saying "Nice Car!" all the time... and of course the occasional chance meeting with a highway partol officer :¬)

Criticisms: Ford's leather interior leaves a lot to be desired. The leather is not good quality, but then again the car isn't wearing a $75,000 price tag. The vinyl tops are not particularly long lasting If you are tall, they can be a challenge to squeeze into (unless you have the top down) If you want it to handle really well in the twisties, plan on putting some sub-frames and a strut tower brace on it right off the bat. ($300) The stock gear shifter is junk. You will need a Steeda or a Pro 5.0 to make it snap when you shift. ($175)

Other than that you can customize these cars to be anything you want them to be, and have fun in them all day long.

Just my two cents worth.... I'll look for you on the dark side!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate