wide white wall tire repair

Is there a way to fix scuffed wide white wall tires? Seems my customer had to drive a very short distance on a wide white and scuffed a inch ring of the upper edge and I would like to fix it if at all possible.

Reply to
Kafertoys

jcwhitney used to sell white wall tire paint. I still have an unused can that I bought from them decades ago. I decided not to paint my tires on my mini-rolls car.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

White bondo !!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jerry - OHIO

If the whitewalls were just discolored with dirt or something, Clorox will clean them out real nice. Then treat with some sorta stuff that prevents the rubber from aging & drying. Lots of products for that.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Don't use Armor All on your tires. I had more than one tire (three IIRC) with plenty of tread left that cracked in the sidewall and deflated after using Armor All. That was 20 years ago. The tires were not all the same brand. I switched to No Touch and haven't had that problem. Using No Touch, I wore out a set, got 45,000+ miles on them, and the sidewalls looked almost as good as when new.

Randall

Reply to
Randall

I use the above product... love it... not too shiney and doesn't make dust stick like all the older "silicone" tire products..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks all but this happens to be a brand new coker wide white wall and I was able to air sand the heavy scuff with 320 grit on a dual orbital sander which turned out great.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Just let the tire blow out as you're cornering; hopefully, if karma is in effect, you'll roll whatever bondo caked bucket of shit you're riding in and end up one more thief that's met his well-deserved end.

Reply to
ryan68bug

As I said this is a customers car and every thing looks great. you could only dream of having anything this nice.

quoted text -

Reply to
Kafertoys

heres pictures of the wheel

Kafertoys

and here's a picture of the quality of work you put into that car:

yeah, we all dream about having something that "nice".... LOL..

Meyer, thanks for the pics of mario's masterpiece... as Mario said above "every thing looks great"... seems his definition of "great" is as offcenter as his definition of "restore".... Mario, care to discuss what is shown in the above pictures?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

said this is a customers car and every thing looks great. ?you

again there goes the whinning and bitching hey chris show us pictures of anything you have done.

that 66 beetle was pulled out of a moble homeand done for the mans wife to drive not be a trailer queen.

I yet to see where anyone here but me is even restoring anything while all you do is sit back and bitch. even a rattle can job is better then anything you have to show.

but thanks for putting so much effort in wwhat I'm doing...are you still having wet dreams about me?

Reply to
Kafertoys

there's no whining, nor bitching, from anyone except the guy that keeps getting toe salad to eat... that's you, little man.

doesn't make a shit, even Earl Schieb will knock off the chipping paint before they spray it.. you didn't..

that car looks worse than what a drunk with a spraybomb can do... you don't restore *anything* you cobble together some shit then brag about how good it looks like you did here... too bad others see it and post up the pictures of what it REALLY looks like..

there's no effort involved in calling out a talentless hack, it's actually fun to watch you chase your tail... there are no wet dreams, except yours... show us some more of your "restorations".... (i still can't type that without laughing..)

you are a no talent hack that wouldn't make the cut at Earl Scheib... that's sad... I can link you to a guys website that rolls on rustoleum on his cars... they look better than that shit you turn out... then again, the paint isn't designed to cover up bad or no bodywork....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani