Will dynamat work as well as the old insulation for the headliner?

my old insulation is all crusty, and torn apart. will dynamat work as well or better? can u buy it at bug shops? thanks again

Reply to
69vwdude

dynomat wont give you the same "feeling as insulation under the headliner on the posts etc.. Its probably gonna add a little weight too if you go dynomatting everything, so there goes those wheelies!

I buy bulk carpet and insulation right from 2 different auto upholstery shops in town. Much to my surprise I found that they are more than willing to order me supplies and sell them at fair prices.

you gonna do all this work before or after the chop top? :) Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

It should work fine. I went to a roofing supplier and bought a roll of roofing without the "mineral" layer (no grit) and only paid $3. It is 4 foot by 25 foot. The only problem I had working with this is that I had to be careful to attach a layer of something else between it and the headliner so that on hot days tar would not stain the headliner. I have it glued to the inside of the door panels, etc. Dynamat would be less messy, just pricier. I saw it for sale at some of the car stereo "boutiques".

Reply to
KWW