Narrowing Torsion Bars

OK, I finally got a straight front beam, suitable for narrowing. I was planning on going with a 3" narrower beam (It's a Ball Joint so I should be OK), and I've got a pretty good grasp on what's involved in actually narrowing the beam part, but I have a question about narrowing the torsion bars.

One site I saw (and the only one to mention it) suggests that you take a drill bit and grind it to 90 degrees on the ends (instead of, say, 135) and use that...but other people I've read stuff from don't mention any such thing. They're pretty much like "move in the appropriate amount and drill."

Does it matter? If it's going to be a HUGE PITA, then I might just go with

2" and buy CB's narrowed torsion bars.

Any suggestions, or any ideas where I could find more info?

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

it IS a PITA. We have narrowed bars in 2, 3, 5, and 6".

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly