Winter heat part deux

So, back to the issue of extra heaters and fans,,, Why could one take a super beetle air box with fan, mount in inside the cabin on the fire wall, run some flex line to the fresh air locations in the motor compartment, and have not one, but a two speed, all vw unit....?

Reply to
vwluvrs

You could I suppose. But i dont know if the fresh air box would have enough ummph to get the kind of heat your looking for. they do sell kits that allow fans to be hooked into the fresh air side of the heater box to get a steady stream of air (heat) to the inside of the car.

Like it has been said here many times - the stock heater will throw out some awesome heat, BUT ALL the stock parts must be present and in good working order.

--

Reply to

I used bilge blower fans mounted to the fire wall and connected to the fresh air side of the heater boxes to supply heat to my bug. The previous owner had installed a aftermarket fn shroud with no outlets for the air. One advantage it that the supply air came from inside the car so I was recalculating the warm air. This system kept that car toasty in the winter. I have a BN2 in my current bug so I have the heater channels blocked off and j-pipe in the exhaust.

Reply to
Gordon Parks